Monday, April 26, 2010

If I ever write a book

If I ever write a book, I want it to be like "The Immortals of Meluha" by Amish Tripathi. Though when I started it the words of the first few pages appeared disconnected, by the end of the book I have become an ardent fan of Shiva and Amish! The beauty of the words lie not in the words themselves but in their magic in conjuring up images in the readers' mind. In their ability to make the reader forget the words and think only of the world it writes about. Amish has brought this out oh so beautifully - so inspiring when you know that this is his first book.

It does feel like Mahadev himself gave the words to Amish to write the book and get the truth to the world. Truly feels like the words are from the ether. Just the kind of book that I want to keep reading forever and ever.... :)

No comments: