Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Worms in dairy milk? Yuck!

My favorite chocolate has been alleged to have worms in it! And I just got to know about this a few days back- badly out of the scene with all these exams!

The first news about this appeared in Rediff.com according to Google and since then, there has been a lot of controversy over it. The company has been ordered to stop sales and lots of stock have been siezed by the FDA. The Food and Drug Administration has also decided to prosecute Cadbury India Ltd over this while Cadbury is firmly denying anything wrong with its production process!! The company has put the blame on retailers and stockists for maintaining the chocolates under unhygienic conditions.

The company has also issued a press release saying that it would change its packaging to either a heat-sealed or a ‘flow pack’ method that offers high level of resistance to infestation from improper storage.

Have a look at this- the bars have been photographed with the worms! I CANT BELIEVE THIS! Now what do I eat when I am feeling down? My God...this is really horrible and to think about the damage done to the company? Boggles my mind!

No comments: