Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Finds of the day

Wet Canvas - a site for visual artists, old, new and intending to be. Definitely worth a visit

The Color Pencil Challenge seems interesting too!

And - Adi Da and Adidam.

What attracted me initially to this site? The following paragraph-
"In the depth of every human being, there is a profound need for answers to the fundamental questions of existence. Is there a God? What is beyond this life? Why is there suffering? What is Truth? What is Reality?"

What made me stay for a few minutes?
Their free print copy of the Adi Da Adidam Book offer ;)

What made me leave the site? The following paragraph-
"In the midst of this dark and bewildering epoch, the Ruchira Avatar, Adi Da Samraj, has come to this human world to establish a unique Spiritual life and culture that is not based on mythology."

I don't think I believe in Masters, Godmen and Avatars though I do believe in awakened/enlightened (for lack of better words...) individuals playing the role of Guru to guide/lead others(Maybe an influence from "Autobiography of a Yogi"?)

Aside - The other day, while I was sipping my morning drink (non-alcoholic, made of milk, sugar and bournvita :)) ), I had the Autobiography of a Yogi, an impulse and long pending purchase at Chennai central railway station, lying beside me on the table. My Bengali roommate comes storming, has a look at it and exclaims "Oh Yogananda was my relative!" You can imagine my surprise/shock/awe/disbelief/doubt and slow acceptance!

And this, by far has been the most comprehensive information on Babaji I could find online.

My entire interest in Babaji, Yoga Sutra, Kriya Yoga and other associated yogis, practices, books, etc started with me unsuspectingly taking a copy of "Meditation is Boring?" by Linda Johnson a week or two back from my office library and finishing the book in a matter of few hours. I wonder if this is going to change me or my life path? Very very curious to know.... :)

No comments: